Site Inactive

Membership

Poll Widget

Kinship Alliance

Recent Awards

About Baruk Khazad - Arkenstone

Founded in May 2007 by Minardi, Baruk Khazad is one of the oldest kinships on Arkenstone. Originally a dwarf-only kinship, we still adhere to dwarven principles of Honour, Respect and Duty, though we welcome members of all races.

NEW APPLICANTS!

Please sign up with a user name that we will recognize, preferably the name of your main character. If this is not possible, please indicate in your application which toon(s) is (are) yours.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Baruk Khazad - Arkenstone Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunkydoc
Gunkydoc
Officer
Longbeard

re: Beta Testing Begins July 27

Beta testing for Rise of Isengard begins July 27. From what I understand, testing phase is 3 rounds:

1) Palantir is the Alpha test server which has probably already had RoI for the past 3-6 months minimum. You must apply to Palantir and it really isn't for anyone who isn't interested in testing the buggiest form of the game.

2) Closed Bullroarer Beta, invite-only. Invitations are sent "randomly," people who pre-ordered have a higher chance of getting the tap. There are no guarantees you will be invited

3) Open Beta on Bullroarer. Anyone can download the client and test the waters. There may or may not be an Open Beta for RoI - there was one for Mirkwood and all 3 of the last updates, but we won't know for sure until later this summer.

Hopefully some of us get invited. Unfortunately, the NDA stipulates that, if you do get invited, you can't tell anyone about it. Good luck all, and thanks Ryvick for the corrections.

Last edited by Gunkydoc on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ryvick
Officer
Longbeard

Actually a few things wrong here.

1. Palantir is the Alpha test server which has probably already had RoI for the past 3-6 months minimum. You must apply to Palantir and it really isn't for anyone who isn't interested in testing the buggiest form of the game.

2. Closed Beta is also called Bullroarer due to being on the Bullroarer server. There is no application process. They have clearly stated the only way of getting into this will be random chance selection from currently active players and those who pre-ordered RoI. ( http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=5553436#post5553436 ) Think of this as the previous Mirkwood and MoM betas.

3. There MAY eventually be an open Beta altho I'm not entirely certain. Was there an OB for Mirkwood? I can't remember. I'm doubting there will be an OB tho.
Gunkydoc
Gunkydoc
Officer
Longbeard

Corrections noted. Will make due corrections.

There was an Open Beta for Mirkwood. I remember testing the skirmishes, getting the cowboy hat (and then being disappointed on live when it took so many skirmishes to get enough marks to get it) and slugging partway through the Mirkwood Landing intro.

I think that was the first OB I took part in. There was one for F2P and each of the big updates since. For Update 2 they opened E&G Tavern, not sure if that will be the case this time or not.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Baruk Khazad - Arkenstone Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Kinship Summary

Facebook

Calendar